Huwebes, Mayo 7, 2009

Piece of Advise

What is respect? According to Webster Dictionary, it is something considered as a manifestation of a personal quality or trait. In a simple term, respect is to treat people considerately.

Sometimes or most of the times, we tend to forget respecting other people. It varies in different forms like respecting his way of life, his religion preference, his knowledge and ideas and even his free time. Real respect is hard to attain. You go to office, spend 8 or 10 hours even without doing anything and you earn money. But to earn respect is a totally different story.

On a personal note, I started working in 1997 as a marshal (crew) in the first “play care center of the Philippines”, Kids at Work. There, I did everything my boss wants me to do. From mopping the floor, “washing “the comfort room and even worse cleaning the unpleasant “mess” of kids, name it and I’ll do it. That is beside the usual task assigned on me. But I considered those experiences as the foundation of my mindset in treating others. When I was promoted as the store supervisor, I always look at my subordinates as myself, when I was like them starting. During their free time, I always find time to converse with them to uplift their moral a notch higher. I never ask them to do me a favour without making “pasuyo”. Even up to now with my present work at Pagcor where I’m back as a rank and file employee, I always see to it that I will not hurt the feelings of my co-employees and even my superiors. Sad to say, some of our co-employees whom are just at par with your level were acting like they are the captain of the ship. Just learn how to co-exist more importantly with the people down there. Just always remind yourself where to stand. Small workers had egos too and if both prides collide, your office will turn into your personal battleground.

Lastly, it still boils down to how are you raise by your parents. But if you’re aware about this and didn’t act to overturn it, it’s now your fault. Respect doesn’t earn overnight. It’s something even money can’t buy and something you will get if you truly deserves it.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento