Huwebes, Marso 5, 2009

Coldest Summer Night

I was taking my lunch break when i heard the news that Francis M died. I can't believe at first but knowing his condition it is probably what the Lord Almighty wants to happen. "The Master Rapper" succumb to cancer, leukemia, the same disease who tooked away my mother from us almost 2 decades ago. Today is exactly one day before Eraserheads "The Final Set" concert at SM Mall of Asia grounds. It is believed that Francis M will have a surprise number with E-Heads frontman Ely Buendia. I hope this will not have any effect on the E-Heads concert.




I still remember Francis M during his bagets days. But for me, he will be remembered most for his songs that touches our lives. He was the God of Rap in the Philippines. He put our country into the map of music scene. He elevates underground rap artists into the mainstream. He is a class of his own.

Who can forget his songs. From "Mga Kababayan", "Man From Manila", "Ito Ang Gusto Ko" to "Kaleidescope World", "Nilamon Ng Sistema" and even his version of "Superproxy". I've bought his debut album in late-80's, in a cassette tape mode. My personal favorites were "Mga Praning", "Cold Summer Nights" & "Kaleidescope World".

He will be truly missed, but his legacy will forever be remembered!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento